Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Personal Learning Networks and Personal Learning Environments


Personal Learning Networks or PLN's are simply defined as the digital technologies and communities in which you currently participate. It encompasses the people and networks that you engage and share information with online on a regular basis.
This week as a digital learner I have taken the opportunity to map out my own personal learning environments to which I am involved in. (See image below). I must say it was surprising to me the number of networks I am currently involved in as a relatively new digital learner. As I continue this journey of fulfilling my dream of becoming a teacher and my new found interest in digital learning, I can only imagine how my PLE will evolve and expand.
The benefit of communicating online is that it is an easy and swift way of finding information and sharing it. It allows for collaboration and feedback on projects and ideas in a timely manner and from a variety or perspectives.
Educators and students can equally benefit from PLN's as follows:
- Educations and students can access and learn for others through communicating online with those who are specialized in an area of interest.
-Educators and Students can collaborate and readily gain knowledge and locate resources for the classroom thus resulting in more effective lesson planning.
- Online accessibility can help the student and teacher learn about new technology and integrate it into the classroom for effective learning.
- Online networking can engage the learner in generating ideas, aid in development, and encourage collaboration.



My PLE map using MindNode Demo

4 comments:

  1. You have created a rich media image of your PLE. This models and showcases your fluency in digital spaces. You mention some surprise in how many tools you have in your digital portfolio. When we stop to reflect on what we are doing with technology, it often reveals new insights into what we can accomplish. It also uncovers how our choices shape and colour our digital self portrait.
    Keep reflecting on your digital self image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! If you don't mind, I'm going to use this post in my reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! If you don't mind, I'm going to use this post in my reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This PLE is very well done as you labelled everything you use in sections as well as colour coordinating them! I agree that much of the main things you use daily for media I too use in my daily schedule. I hope to also use this in my reflection !

    ReplyDelete