Monday, December 7, 2015

A Labor of Love

     Blogging has become a labor of love for me.  When I started my digital learning course in September blogging was foreign to me.  In fact, I was even a little apprehensive about navigating through digital technology in general.  I have alway stuck with what I know and to go beyond that and explore the digital world seemed a little intimidating.  However, since then I have evolved and have come to really enjoy creating and writing posts about the various things I have learned throughout my digital learning journey. At times, I even amazed myself with my technical abilities in some of my blog postings.

     Now that my digital learning course is over, the journey doesn't end.  I often find myself going back to the course website and re-evaluating what I learned. I spend countless, enjoyable hours sitting at my laptop sipping on coffee, navigating through/ experimenting with  a creative tool as a way to express my understanding of the content introduced to me. My blog has become a diary of sorts.  It is a valuable tool for me to express and reference what I am learning and have learned.
     When you are an undergrad student, busy is an understatement. You are inundated with assignments, readings, exams, presentations etc.  There is little time for reflection or creativity outside of the course load requirements, however, now that the semester has come to an end,  I can catch my breath and really reflect on this digital learning journey.

     This course has made me a more resourceful educator.  It has aspired me to think outside the box and explore new and diverse ways of using technology; especially within the classroom. Being a responsible digital citizen is now a part of who I am.  What I have learned will help me to be more creative and current in the classroom.  I can collaborate and become part of a global network of educators rather than limit myself to my immediate surroundings.  I now have more tools to engage learners and the ability to show them what it means to be a part of the digital world. From here, the journey does not end, it begins.  Since I have been given the tools and awareness of a limitless technological world that is so vast and emerging so quickly, how could I ever just sit back and ignore the capabilities of it?  I plan to continue on the path of accessing, analyzing, creating, reflecting and taking action to ensure my newly discover talents are not forgotten.



Word Cloud created using Tagxedo.com
Heart Images from:  google clipart
Newspaper Clipping Created using Fodey.com




No comments:

Post a Comment